We are seeking a Thai Design Manager to oversee the design process for our web and mobile apps projects. In this position, you will oversee a team of UX/UI designers as they research, brainstorm, sketch, refine, and perfect the wireframes and user interface design. While your primary responsibilities are to supervise the team, eliminate risk, and ensure quality excellence across projects, you may actually participate in the design process. Therefore, you should have have some leadership experience and advanced skills in UX and UI design.
Morphosis (www.morphos.is) is a digital consultancy specializing in UX strategy, product design, and development. We are located in Central Bangkok (Silom), 2 minutes from BTS Sala Deang, and we are looking for experienced designers to join our young, friendly, and internationally lead company.
We work with successful startups and work with leading national and international brands such as MasterCard, BCG, JPMorgan, Burda International, SCB, TMB, Prudential, Bangkok Hospital, and many more. You can see our company profile here for more information about us and what we do for our clients: https://www.shorturl.at/dlvJN
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and training of the design and construction team.
- Assist with budget to actual variance explanations for construction projects.
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Ensure all work areas meet quality, safety and compliance standards.
- Establish creative strategy, budgets and schedules for key design projects.
- Responsible for delivering design on time.
- Operationalize and implement a standard system for design delivery.
- Work seamlessly across organizational structures, partnering with marketing, product and business leadership to develop holistic brand systems.
- Manage the development and review the quality and accuracy of large-scale project designs.
- Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Partner with site and product teams to ensure the brand is consistent across the full customer journey.
- Capture all states, cases, and functional logic in partnership with the product and engineering team to ensure seamless execution.
- Partner with product leaders, build and maintain relationships to develop a clear understanding of overall business and technology strategy wherein design is a key part of what is delivered.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for design.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, including content developers, IT, senior management, internal business partners, and vendors.
- Keep a pulse on the culture of product design amongst designers (and design partners) to ensure designers are capable of doing their best work.
- Provide reporting on the implementation of projects while in progress and upon completion.
- Collaborate with product and marketing to educate on and maintain a cohesive brand.
- Solve business challenges with the goal of improving experience for prospects, customers and staff.
- Maintain established corporate brand standards and consistency of message across all published materials and media.
- 2-3 years minimum as a design manager or similar
- A deep technical knowledge of the complete design process from brainstorming to end product
- A creative drive and a keen eye for innovative ideas and trends
- Effective supervisory and organizational skills
- The ability to be a leader but to also know how to motivate team members
- The patience and determination to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Flexibility and dependability to work in multifaceted working environments
- The ability to produce quality projects consistently
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Experience with Figma or Sketch.
- Experience with UX Design, UI Design and Agile software.
- Some knowledge of HTML & CSS is a big plus.
- A collaborator and problem solver.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- A leader in project design and negotiation.
- Will strive for organization transformation.
- Strict attention to detail and prioritization capabilities.
- Good English and Thai communications
- Preferably Thai citizen
- Highly competitive salaries
- 5 day work week
- 17 days of annual leave and 30 days sick leaves (per year)
- Group health insurance and dental treatment fee
- Opportunity to learn from peers
- Training allowance
- Free snacks and drinks, games Playstation
- 4 2-minute walk from Sala Daeng BTS, with lots of food options!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your resume and portfolio at email@example.com We won’t consider candidates who don’t have a portfolio.
Why Should you work with us?
We stand for excellence, so quality is a key element that is guaranteed on every project we work on.
Free Coffee, Snacks & Hugs
We want you to be happy. So, on the office you’ll have free coffee, tea, fruit, snacks and ice cream! We also have a PlayStation so you can show your gaming skills!
Small team, Growing Fast
You will always have a say and impact on where we go next. Come and let’s define the right path together.
We know people do their best work where they love to be, that’s why we have a beautiful office, right in the heart of Porto’s downtown area.