Head of Engineering
Looking for Head of Engineering
Morphosis Apps is a leading UX/UI design agency based in Central Bangkok (Silom) 2 minutes from BTS Sala Deang. We are looking for a Head of Engineering with both people management and technical skills across the web and mobile stack.
This is a key leadership position for the company, and you will be in charge of setting up and leading teams to work on many different types of projects with beautiful interfaces using the newest most interesting technology. If you’re a current tech lead or staff engineer looking to take your next step as a technical leader, learn more about UX design, work in a very collaborative and friendly environment, and if you want to be able to shape tomorrow’s digital products then this job is for you!
- Lead the software development team (currently 3 tech leads and approximately 20 developers). Oversee front-line supervisors. Lead all aspects of supervision for the engineering team, including recruiting, training, and evaluation.
- Train and mentor engineering supervisors. Make the right decisions and recommendations about people and processes to set up teams for success.
- Provide expert level technical and architectural guidance to software developers. Make or recommend the technology choices to make projects a success. Understand and factor in engineering trade-offs within the context of the business as well as client priorities.
- Develop internal products to make project execution faster and more efficient.
- Analyze products across projects to make strategic level decisions about technology investment.
- Work with the executive management team to lead the future direction of the company.
- Be a champion of best development practices including test-driven development,
continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, and code standards
- Inspire others. Cheerlead the values of the company and create a fun and productive working environment.
- Know how to check your ego at the door
- 10 or more years of engineering leadership experience
- 5 or more years of proven experience in web and/or mobile development using up to date technologies
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your programming and design skills
- Expert knowledge of MVC frameworks and one or more applicable programming languages, such as Ruby, Python, Java, C#, NodeJS, or PHP
- Reasonable knowledge of modern devops and cloud infrastructure
- Understand and practice agile development
- Collaborative mindset
- Positive attitude
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, ReactJS/Native, Docker, and AWS.
- Experience leading software development teams.
- A desire to enable scalability through both code and organizational process and culture. Experience and well-supported opinions on all of the aforementioned.
- Opportunity to take your leadership skills to the next level
- AIA group insurance
- Flexible hours
- 5 days and 8 hour workday
- 17 days holiday leaves, 30 days sick leaves (per year)
- Friendly Environment
- Opportunity to learn from peers
- Monthly entertainment
- Training allowance
- Free snacks and drinks
- Free games Playstation 4, Arcade machine, Oculus Rift
- 2-minute walk from Sala Daeng BTS, with lots of food options!
Why Should you work with us?
We stand for excellence, so quality is a key element that is guaranteed on every project we work on.
Free Coffee, Snacks & Hugs
We want you to be happy. So, on the office you’ll have free coffee, tea, fruit, snacks and ice cream! We also have a PlayStation so you can show your gaming skills!
Small team, Growing Fast
You will always have a say and impact on where we go next. Come and let’s define the right path together.
We know people do their best work where they love to be, that’s why we have a beautiful office, right in the heart of Porto’s downtown area.